DT Preview Mode notice...yet only in Firefox & Affiliate Links are Not Active in my Response page

Nik
ONE Problem (Almost) solved but a new problem has emerged.

I thought I had solved the problem of this notice showing up in with my activated Quiz:

“This decision tree is in preview mode and is not publicly available.”

This notice is displayed even after I removed the preview=true but only in Firefox, not in Chrome.

In Chrome I finally “solved” this problem by AFTER saving my DT embeded code (without the preview=true) and pasting it into my page being built in Thrive Architect to:

1. Exit Thrive Architect
  2. Go to my website’s Wordpress Dashboard > All Pages > (My Quiz Page)
  3. Press “Edit” AS NORMALLY, NOT using Thrive Architect
  4. Copy the URL link for that page (which by the way is https://livebetterandlonger.com/quiz-3-secrets-to-pain-and-trauma-freedom/ )
  5. Paste that into my Chrome browser in a new page and THEN it worked without the “Preview” notice showing up.

BUT, when I paste it into a Firefox page - even if I am also logged into LH in Firefox - then I get the “preview mode” notice…maddening!

Also, on my LH dashboard I see the 2 leads I now have from successfully testing the page in Chrome. So I know it works in Chrome but still is funky in Firefox.
Can you help me straighten that out?

SECOND PROBLEM

I now have a new problem… NONE of my links work in my delivered RESPONSE PAGE … the links simply sit there. CLICK CLICK…and nothing happens. I can see the links appear in the bottom left of my screen and I double checked they were all properly set up in LH.

I have also re-watched the Lead Hook training video on Deploying Your Decision Tree and it did not give me any hints as to what to do next to fix this.

Thank you Nik…I am SOOOO close to launching!
Michael

=> This is not a problem. You’re logged into LH in chrome so LH knows you’re testing so it will show you your decision tree with a banner (when deactivated).

In FF, you are not logged in and your decision is NOT activated so it will only present an error message.
This is CORRECT. It’s to prevent you from driving paid traffic to a INACTIVATED decision tree.

Nothing worse than spending good money and not capturing leads!

Please ACTIVATE and it will work in chrome and FF without error messages.

=> PLEASE add a new WP install in a subdomain on your site.
Example: testing.yoursite.com

On this site DO NOT install any fancy themes or plugins.
=> Test and see if your links work on a page on this clean site.

This clean WP install for testing will serve you well. This is exactly my setup.

Nik

Dear Nik
I reached out to Dan Mattson at LBE when I ran into a wall trying to set up that subdomain. I told him how very generous you had been trying to help me but that my tech issues were getting me quite nervous.

I did set up the subdomain, downloaded the WP zip file and extracted it but It popped up in a window where the only option was to close the window. So I closed it. Then I could not find the extracted file nor figure out where it was supposed to go next (anyhow).

At any rate, I became afraid I might break something and reached out to Dan to help me complete that WP installation process because LBE is hosting my site. I sent him a link to instructions I found online (you can see these below if you wish).

But…We never even addressed that subdomain issue and it is still unfinished.

Instead, Dan asked me to check out whether I had Ad Blocker Plus activated.

That started me on a long journey where I wound up correcting the problem of the links not working on my response pages by doing 3 things:

1. Disable Adblocker Plus

2. Disable in Chrome the setting that says, “Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites.”

This was connected to a little bitty icon of a shield that I noticed appear when I first would try to click on one of my links in my response page. It popped up in the upper right hand corner. When I hovered over it it gave me the option to “Load Unsafe Scripts?” which I authorized it to do. That lead me to look deeper into the Chrome settings and find the other setting mentioned above.

1. In LH, in each response page, when setting up a link, go to the Target Tab and set it to target New Window

It was important that I took each link through this Step #3 because I found out that just doing #1 + #2 was not enough to fix the problem. Those links not told to also open as New Window simply did not go anywhere when I clicked.

Once these were done and I targeted all of the links then all the links worked great. YAY!

I figured you might like to know and maybe this will be useful to others who are facing this issue.

Thank you for all your awesome attention.

I found out that I had not mapped out my Aweber connection from LH but see the tutorial and will get to that right away.

At the beginning of this week I had hoped that this was the week I was going to finally go live…but this additional journey taught me many lessons.

I am embracing the dynamic need for my time and attention and to stay humble, open and focused on how can I solve this problem.
Onward I go!

I hope to have my DT finally ready for prime time soon and will keep you in the loop.

Thank you again, Nik. I deeply appreciate your assistance.
Michael

PS…here are the WP install instructions I was following. I never got beyond the middle of Step #4

Here is an overview of the process

1. Use cpanel to create the subdomain

2. Download the latest version of wordpress to your local drive

3. Upload to subdomain folder on your host

4. Extract the files, and move them into the subdomain folder

5. Use cpanel SQL Wizard to create a new data base

6. Make a note of the username, db name and db password

7. Copy wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php in the subdomain folder

8. Edit wp-config.php to add the username, db name and db password

9. Open the URL "your-subdomain.your-domain.com/wp-admin/install.php"

10. Fill out the fields on the form and press "install wordpress"

Hi @Michael,

I am not familiar with hosting services provided by LBE but installing WP is quite a simple process:

I made a video for you which may help with your current setup.

Time: Description
00:00: Why you must create a test environment
02:02: How to select a hosting account?
3:30: How to access the admin user interface to manage your hosting account
5:24: Accessing your hosting account user interface
6:09: How add a subdomain
7:43: How to use 1-click install feature to install WP
14:02: How to remove a subdomain
14:30: How to add in a subdomain
20:39+: How to manually install WP

• Download WP & Extract files
  • Using Filezilla (FTP)
  • Create a DB and DB User
  • Add DB User to DB
  • DB user is different to your hosting account and WP user access

Video:

Dear Nik
Thank you for your valiant efforts to educate me. I truly tried to follow your video but after five hours of trial and error I have to take a break and get on with mapping my Aweber emails, etc. Plus I must back up my entire drive bc tomorrow I am having a 500GB SSD installed.

Just so you know I did watch your entire video and because site is hosted by LBE I focused on the manual setup you presented. I faltered pretty quickly but finally went back to the list of steps I told you I was following before and - PROGRESS POINT - I did go from being stuck on Step 4 to completing Step 8.

I couldn’t figure out what I did wrong when I took the next step, #9, Open the URL “your-subdomain.your-domain.com/wp-admin/install.php

My domain I used for my subdomain was:

testing.livebetterandlonger.com/wp-admin/install.php

I got an error message that read,
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@testing.livebetterandlonger.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Here are the steps I took and where I got stuck. Below is the list of steps I was taking. I must have done something wrong in either step #7 or #8…but I think it must have been #7…don’t know what I could have done but I think I will have to let it lie for another day.

Thank you again for your incredible assistance. I really love all this new learning. Don’t think you have to help me any more with this. I will figure it out.
All the best,
Michael

1. Use cpanel to create the subdomain
  2. Download the latest version of wordpress to your local drive

3. Upload to subdomain folder on your host

4. Extract the files, and move them into the subdomain folder

5. Use cpanel SQL Wizard to create a new data base

6. Make a note of the username, db name and db password

7. Copy wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php in the subdomain folder

8. Edit wp-config.php to add the username, db name and db password

9. Open the URL "your-subdomain.your-domain.com/wp-admin/install.php"

10. Fill out the fields on the form and press "install wordpress"

@Michael,

No worries. :slight_smile:

A common problem I’m seeing for solopreneurs is a lack of technical expertise and training.

I have told my own friends and family to do there 3 courses BEFORE attempting anything online.

Those who have gone and done these courses, have grown their businesses much faster. Those who have/ not have consumed their enthusiasm in technical issues – and they actually never get to even market anything.

There are not affiliate links. But once you’ve got some mastery of the technical stuff, execution becomes a breeze. You can then focus on actually marketing something.

1. https://teamtreehouse.com/tracks/digital-literacy
  2. https://teamtreehouse.com/tracks/web-design
  3. https://teamtreehouse.com/tracks/beginning-wordpress

Nik

Dear Nik
Thank you again for you kind, generous and wise counsel.
I will study those links when I get my computer back.

Just so you know, I am much older than you. My wife and I have been trying to learn how to generate revenue and provide value to others online for 4 years now and wish we would have discovered you and Mark Ling back then. We are in a position because of past events where we must make this work and the sooner the better. We are also limited in our time and energy resources due to all the additional focus we must each make on our health.

Having resources like Leads Hook, LBE, Mark Ling and his staff, and especially you, gives us the confidence that we will overcome what may come to make this puppy work and be successful.

Thank you again - deeply. I feel more confident than ever.
Onward!
Best regards,
Michael