I reached out to Dan Mattson at LBE when I ran into a wall trying to set up that subdomain. I told him how very generous you had been trying to help me but that my tech issues were getting me quite nervous.
I did set up the subdomain, downloaded the WP zip file and extracted it but It popped up in a window where the only option was to close the window. So I closed it. Then I could not find the extracted file nor figure out where it was supposed to go next (anyhow).
At any rate, I became afraid I might break something and reached out to Dan to help me complete that WP installation process because LBE is hosting my site. I sent him a link to instructions I found online (you can see these below if you wish).
But…We never even addressed that subdomain issue and it is still unfinished.
Instead, Dan asked me to check out whether I had Ad Blocker Plus activated.
That started me on a long journey where I wound up correcting the problem of the links not working on my response pages by doing 3 things:
Disable Adblocker Plus
Disable in Chrome the setting that says, “Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites.”
This was connected to a little bitty icon of a shield that I noticed appear when I first would try to click on one of my links in my response page. It popped up in the upper right hand corner. When I hovered over it it gave me the option to “Load Unsafe Scripts?” which I authorized it to do. That lead me to look deeper into the Chrome settings and find the other setting mentioned above.
- In LH, in each response page, when setting up a link, go to the Target Tab and set it to target New Window
It was important that I took each link through this Step #3 because I found out that just doing #1 + #2 was not enough to fix the problem. Those links not told to also open as New Window simply did not go anywhere when I clicked.
Once these were done and I targeted all of the links then all the links worked great. YAY!
I figured you might like to know and maybe this will be useful to others who are facing this issue.
Thank you for all your awesome attention.
I found out that I had not mapped out my Aweber connection from LH but see the tutorial and will get to that right away.
At the beginning of this week I had hoped that this was the week I was going to finally go live…but this additional journey taught me many lessons.
I am embracing the dynamic need for my time and attention and to stay humble, open and focused on how can I solve this problem.
Onward I go!
I hope to have my DT finally ready for prime time soon and will keep you in the loop.
Thank you again, Nik. I deeply appreciate your assistance.
PS…here are the WP install instructions I was following. I never got beyond the middle of Step #4
Here is an overview of the process
Use cpanel to create the subdomain
Download the latest version of wordpress to your local drive
Upload to subdomain folder on your host
Extract the files, and move them into the subdomain folder
Use cpanel SQL Wizard to create a new data base
Make a note of the username, db name and db password
Copy wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php in the subdomain folder
Edit wp-config.php to add the username, db name and db password
Open the URL "your-subdomain.your-domain.com/wp-admin/install.php"
Fill out the fields on the form and press "install wordpress"