GDPR consent in a chat bot

Hi Nik

Using the chat bot template, how do I insert a GDPR agree/disagree button at the point of email/telephone number collection?

Thanks
Leanne

Hi Leanne,

You have 2 choices here:

1. Simply present a Form Node

2. Do it part of chatbot something like this…

Please let me know if you had something else in mind. Providing an email is an opt-in.

Thanks Nik, I think I’ll have to go with the form node, as the method above does not meet UK GDPR rules … they have to explicitly tick a box to give consent at the point of data collection, giving them the option to opt-out on an email link is not suffice.
Maybe something to look at for future, as the form node kind of interrupts the nice flow of the chat bot style.

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

Are you part of Suzanne Dibble’s GDPR group?

Checkboxes are not required by law - it all depends on what they’re signing up for. Here’s my response and Suzanne’s comments. She is a UK based GDPR expert. We offer the checkbox option but it’s only needed if you want them to signup for multiple purposes. “Your details will be passed to 5 people then perhaps you’ll have to etc.”

If you are going to keep email and send them emails and also pass details to 3rd parties then I believe you might need to offer checkboxes.

Your other option is simple ask the questions as node itself (multiple choice question).

I did read the whole GDPR legislation! :slight_smile:

Hi Nik, that’s interesting … yes both Annmarie and I are part of Suzanne’s FB group but I didn’t realise this. I clearly didn’t have the patience to read it all like you did! I think I’ve managed it ok by using the form node. I’ve completed my first chat bot DT, but now I need to work the calculations into it … I may need help with that but will see how far I get. If you want to have a look it’s the ‘Home Piggy Bank Chatbot Remortgage Calculator’
Thanks
Leanne