Score versus decision tree

Hi, Nik

I’m working on a decision tree that uses a simple Sum + score to give a diagnostic result to the person answering the questions. That part is working fine.

What I was also wanting to do was to then offer specific lead magnets/products in the results pages, based on the answers to specific questions (so not score-based).

Is this a good example of when to use Groups (although that is score-based as well, just not Sum+)?

Or should I be generating a second result for a combined results page?

I’ve tried using the decision tree node to differentiate, but it didn’t seem to work. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if I’m muddling two concepts and they’re fighting each other :slight_smile:

Cheers, Trudy

Hi @Trudy,

Hope you’re well.

=> I think your needs might be a bit too complicated for groups. Also decision nodes are much more flexible.

Can you please confirm if you’re using decision node to assign a result to a set of conditions.

You can use your sum+ field as one of the conditions.

What’s your canvas url? I’ll have a look.

Nik

Thanks, Nik

Yes, I’m trying to use decision nodes. I’ve been fiddling with it and it’s starting to work … sort of.

I think part of the problem is that I need to do some more work thinking through the logic and what scores to assign to what outcomes.

Happy for you to take a look, though. Here’s the link.

https://west-island-digital.leadshook.io/survey/VOISfcQh1M2W6YRYTBd5IJ1I5n4Ng6nPhHVj7Kxj?preview=true

Cheers, Trudy

And I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t really understand how the decision nodes work after all. I thought I understood the logic, but it doesn’t seem to work the way I thought it did.

Hi @Trudy

See you on skype.

I’m available all afternoon. Let’s get you sorted ASAP.
:slight_smile:

BTW Great feedback. Need to make some detailed training on decision nodes.

Nik

Thanks, Nik

Really appreciate your help.

Cheers, Trudy

@Trudy,

I learnt a lot as well – need to add more training on decision nodes.

Thank you,
Nik