Webhook testing

Hi there,

I’m testing a webhook, I’ve already verified work, using Postman tool.

However, after running a few tests, I’m yet to get it working successfully, using LeadsHook webhook node.

Is there a way to see a log of the POST connection and attempt, and the server response?

Here’s a video, explaining what I’m trying to do, and the test I ran:
CloudApp

Cheers,
Wynne

Hi @Wynne_Pirini,

Thanks for your message and making the video - makes life easy to see what the problem is. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen the knowledge base article on this…

A few things I noted from the video…

I think the issue is because DT is not activated. 1 Below. Adding other steps in case that does not help.

1. Webhooks only fire for ACTIVATED decision trees. I can see in your test it is not activated.

2. Add a information node just before the wrbhook and display your fields - this way you confirm the fields and values.

3. Then fire the webhook to postman or webhook.site.

4. Finally to AutoPilotHQ.

Nik

Sorry Nik.

I did do some searching and reading. But missed that piece of puzzle. (Just getting more familiar with the docs.)

I’ll have another play, now.

Cheers,

Wynne

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 13:22, nik via LeadsHook Community <noreply@community.leadshook.com> wrote:

\ 45x45 nik
February 15

Hi @Wynne_Pirini,

Thanks for your message and making the video - makes life easy to see what the problem is. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen the knowledge base article on this…

LeadsHook Knowledge Base – 22 Jan 19

How to use Webhooks node? | LeadsHook Knowledge Base

Introduction In this article, we will learn how to use Webhooks node. Step by Step Instructions Configuring the Webhooks node on Leadshook 1. On the decision tree canvas, add a Webhooks node 2. Configure the Webhooks node For the payload URL, you may…

A few things I noted from the video…

I think the issue is because DT is not activated. 1 Below. Adding other steps in case that does not help.

1. Webhooks only fire for ACTIVATED decision trees. I can see in your test it is not activated.
  2. Add a information node just before the wrbhook and display your fields - this way you confirm the fields and values.
  3. Then fire the webhook to postman or webhook.site.
  4. Finally to AutoPilotHQ.

Nik

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Nik,

I made some changes:

1.Added an info node to confirm I’m capturing data (however, I’m using static data for the test)
2. Activated the DT
3. Confirmed I had the right format for the POST request to Autopilot
4. Took the same URL and header data, and tested in LeadsHook

I shot another video, showing what I’m doing:
CloudApp

It’s still not working. Maybe I missed something.

Do you see any other obvious things?

Cheers,
Wynne

Hi @Wynne_Pirini, do you mind inviting me to AutoPilotHQ just for testing so I can make sure what’s going on.

I’ll also do some tests on our end and make sure if format is correct.

Nik

Please check private message

Hi Wynne!

We have conducted further testing and the Data and headers are being sent to webhook.site, here are the screenshots of the configuration for your reference:

Please give it a try and let us know if it helps! Thanks!

Webhooks are firing incl. headers from LH.

Can AutoPilot confirm if a webhook is incoming even if there is an error?

If you invite I’ll be able to complete the testing.

Nik

Hi Nik,

Thanks for testing.

I repeated the same tests, using website.hook as an endpoint, and wasn’t able to pick up the POST request.

Here’s a video showing a couple of tests I did (one incognito mode):

cl.ly/577c9755c868

I’m not sure if I’m missing a step.

I’ve invited you to my Autopilot account.

I’m not aware of any log file to access. However, if I test the api from postman, it gives a response back.

Wynne

Hi Wynne,

Found the issue.

The embed code has “preview=true” so overrides the activation.

When you activate a decision tree, then you also have to ensure preview=true has been removed.

It’s an annoyance we added because we had users in the early days of LH who spend $ on deactivated decision trees.

More here…

This should fire webhook to webhook.site

Please retest in AutoPilot.

webhook.site is working.

Hi Nik,

I re-tested and the Autopilot webhook is working.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Cheers,
Wynne